Monday, July 07, 2008

Dulce De Yummy!

I have a confession: I buy myself pudding snacks to pack in my lunches for work.

Admittedly, it is a little juvenile. I used to bring Yoplait fat free yogurt. But ugh. After years of yogurt every day, I'm just a little burnt out... especially since I was never a huge fan to begin with and mostly eat it because it is good for me and fairly low in calories.

Pudding snacks, as it turns out, are equally easy to pack and equally low in calories. I'm not claiming that pudding has the same nutritional benefits as yogurt, mind you, but when I couldn't bring myself to eat another Yoplait, I decided to mix it up with a few weeks pudding.

I started out with the Fat Free pudding. Tasty. Then I saw that the Sugar Free pudding snacks use Splenda (which I will eat -- I won't eat aspertame cause it gives me headaches). So I tried the Sugar Free snacks that are only 60 calories each. Pretty good. I was sticking with the traditional chocolate-vanilla-chocolate cups.

Then last night at the store, I saw a new flavor: Dulce de Leche.

Oh my goodness.

If you like Dulce de leche flavored things (like ice cream) but are cutting calories or at least monitoring them, you've GOT to try these. It was creamy with a thick layer of caramel on top that tasted like hot caramel sauce (except cold). It was so good I had to stop myself from trying to lick the cup to get the dregs -- I am at work after all. Bad enough I'm toting a pudding snack. I certainly don't want anyone to catch me licking the cup! :)

Yep, these are keepers. In fact, I would eat another one right now if I had brought more than one with me to work.

Probably good that I didn't.

4 Comments:

Blogger justme said...

Never tried that flavor. I'll have to give it a try. Any brand in particular?

10:26 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Now I have one more thing to indulge in. Sounds delicious.

3:45 PM  
Blogger No Longer At The Kids' Table said...

I often bring pudding cups and applesauce cups to work. I'll look for the new flavor!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Okay, so I just ate a sugar free pudding cup this very evening. Ahhh, we are such kindred spirits. Except maybe I had no guilt about choosing it over the yoplait sitting right next to it. After all, they were both sugar free!

By the way, just read and commented on your alphabet soup. I love that and might post one myself.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home